Coupons & Discounts
- April 14, 2018 - The Zoo Atlanta holds an Educator Appreciation Day twice a year. Educators receive a FREE admission and their guests receive $2 off their tickets. Proof of employment must be shown and preregistration can be done on the website and offers a speedier entry. Educators also can buy a zoo membership at $10 off the regular price at any time.
- Buy your tickets on the official website to save money.
- A senior discount is offered by the zoo at the front gate.
- All active-duty, reserves, and retired members of the Armed Forces with a valid military ID can get in FREE to Zoo Atlanta. This is only available at the front gate.
- College Students can show their valid college ID for a discount off their ticket price at the front gate.
- Zoo Atlanta has partnered with the Georgian Public Library service for the Zoo Atlanta Family Pass. This pass can be checked out of a participating public library and allows FREE admission for two adults and two children. For more information, you can check out the official website under Special Offers.
- Atlanta’s CityPASS offers many attractions bundled into one price. These can be bought at their own website or at the zoo’s website. It often saves over 40% and can be a savings if you are planning to see more then one Atlanta attraction. Click here to check out more about Atlanta CityPASS.
- Checker Cab company offers FREE round trip cab rides from any downtown hotel to Atlanta Zoo.
- A group rate is offered to groups of 10 or more and can be bought online. Group rates are also available for the Rides Wristband and the Premium Pass. Group Tours are given for a small additional fee.
- Zoo Atlanta often has their own specials such as $5 off for early birds on their Beat the Heat special. These can be found on their website, Facebook or Twitter pages.
- Local McDonald’s restaurants sometimes have had a coupon for a FREE child’s admission to the zoo.
- The Atlanta Parents magazine often has a coupon in the back of the magazine. This magazine can be found at schools and grocery stores and is free.
- The Georgia zoo holds a City of Atlanta and Fulton County Family Days. On those days, residents or employees from either the city of Atlanta or Fulton County Government will be admitted for FREE. Proper ID must be shown. These can be in the form of a Driver’s License, Voter ID, Utility bill or employee ID card. No word yet on dates for 2016.
- Zoo Atlanta and the Georgia Aquarium offer a combo ticket. If you are planning to visit both places, this ticket offers a savings. It can be bought on the Zoo Atlanta website under Tickets.
- Memberships include FREE daytime admission to the zoo for one year, 10% off guests, discounts on some events, All Rides Wristbands, gift shop, some concessions, programs, parties, FREE or discounted admission to over 140 zoos and aquarium throughout the United States.
Zoo Atlanta coupons, discounts, deals and specials are usually for a limited time and may have an expiration date.
Zoo Atlanta Information
Address: 800 Cherokee Avenue SE, Atlanta, Georgia 30315.
About Zoo Atlanta
Zoo Atlanta was founded in 1889. It is one of the ten oldest zoos in continuous operation in the U.S. It was named one of the Ten Great Zoos in the U.S. by the Good Housekeeping magazine. It was one of the first zoos to provide more natural settings for the animals and has a number of educational opportunities. This Georgia zoo has over 1,000 animals from over 250 species of animals and has many threatened and endangered animals.
Some of the mammals you can see here are lemur, clouded leopard, monkey, elephant, giant panda, lion and tiger.
Zoo Atlanta Details
The zoo is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Zoo Atlanta hours are seasonal. They always open at 9:30 am and close either at 5:30 to 6:30 pm.
Zoo Atlanta ticket prices at the gate are Adults (over 12) $25.99, Children (3-11) $17.99 and children 2 and under are FREE. Seniors (over 65) $21.99, Military with valid ID are FREE. (Save money by buying tickets online.)
Parking is FREE.
You can bring a picnic lunch to the zoo. Picnic tables are available at KidZone and Grand Patio areas. Straws, glass or alcohol are not allowed.
More Georgia Travel Articles