Potawatomi Zoo Coupons & Discounts
- The Potawatomi Zoo offers a Senior discount to all those 62 and older. Proper ID is necessary.
- On the winter days this Indiana zoo is open, a discounted zoo rate is offered.
- If you are a member of another zoo, you may qualify for discounted or FREE entry into the South Bend Zoo.
- Local newspapers or ads offer a zoo deal from time to time.
- A zoo membership may save you money if you plan on visiting this zoo and/or another zoo a few times during one year.
- If you are a member of the Pokagon Band, you can save a substantial amount on a yearly membership.
- If you have a May Oberfell Lorber membership, a slight discount is offered on the zoo membership.
Potawatomi Zoo coupons, discounts, deals and specials are usually for a limited time and may change or end suddenly.
Potawatomi Zoo Information
Address: 500 South Greenlawn, South Bend, Indiana 46615
Animals: About 400
Size: 23 acres
About Potawatomi Zoo
Potawatomi zoo is part of the Potawatomi Park. It is Indiana’s oldest zoo and is an accredited zoo. The Indiana zoo maintains over 160 different species of animals. You can see large cats such as African lion, Amur tiger and leopard, bobcat, and white Bengal tiger.
Primates include black and white colobus monkey, cotton-top and golden lion tamarin, debrazzas monkey and Diana Monkey. Some Australian animals such as Bennets wallaby and laughing kookaburra can also be enjoyed.
In addition, this zoo has a petting area at the Zoo Farm where you can pet goats, cows and chickens for FREE during the regular zoo season.
Potawatomi Zoo Details
Potawatomi Zoo closed most days for the winter season. It is open one day a month during this time. In 2017 the winter days the zoo is open are: January 7, January 21, February 4, February 18 and March 4. It usually fully opens around the end of March.
The zoo’s hours are 10am to 5pm every day it is open.
Regular admission prices are Adults $10.00, Children (3-14) $8.00, Senior (62 and older) $8.00 and Children 2 and under are FREE.
Parking is FREE.
A few extra activities that cost a bit extra are: Zoo Train $2 per person (2 and under are FREE), Pony Rides $4 and Butterflies in Living Color $2.
Food is available in the zoo. If you wish to bring your own lunch, there is picnic facilities in the park. No outside food or drink are allowed in the zoo.