Coupons & Discounts
- Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 - Steinhart Aquarium FREE Days for San Francisco neighborhoods are offered in the spring and fall. Free museum admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a high demand so there may be a wait. The last entry is taken at 4pm. FREE days rotate according to zip code. Proof of residency is needed. To find out when your neighborhood is invited, visit http://www.calacademy.org/neighborhood-free-weekends
- February 26, 2017 - Quarterly FREE Sundays - Free day for the general public. This is available four Sundays out of the year.
- Steinhart Aquarium is part of the Discover & Go program. This program offers FREE or discount Steinhart Aquarium passes though California local libraries.
- Get cheap tickets at Steinhart Aquarium with their student discount.
- A Senior discount ticket for those 65 and over is offered.
- A group rate is available with 10 or more paying guests. Reservations are needed. You can choose from some special activities.
- You can save $3 per admission when you walk, bike or use public transportation to get to the Steinhart Aquarium. The shuttle service does not qualify as public transportation.
- Local newspaper and ads may offer Steinhart Aquarium coupons from time to time.
- Arestravel.com offers Steinhart Aquarium discount tickets.
- The Go San Francisco Card is a discount card. Guests buy the card for a certain number of days. They can then get FREE admission into over 55 attractions in the San Francisco area. The Cal Academy of Sciences participates in this program.
- The San Francisco CityPass offers admissions into five San Francisco attractions for one flat fee. This offers a substantial discount (up to 50% off!) into California Academy of Sciences, including Steinhart Aquarium, as well as four other attractions like Aquarium of the Bay and Exploratorium. Check it out here.
- The California Academy of Sciences is part of the San Francisco Big Bus Tour.
- AAA members can receive a discount for the Steinhart Aquarium when they purchase them online at AAA.com or at a AAA branch in northern California, Utah or Nevada. Some restrictions may apply.
- You can sign up for e-newsletters that show you the latest Steinhart Aquarium deals and promotions. Just go to the bottom of the page on the aquarium website and click on Newsletters.
- If you plan on going to California Academy of Sciences and/or Steinhart Aquarium a few times throughout the year, then a membership may be for you. It includes FREE unlimited admission for the year, members-only hours and programs, as well as, discounts on shopping, dining and more. The rates are reasonable and they offer a monthly payment plan. One of the few I have seen but I think it is a great idea!
Steinhart Aquarium coupons, discounts, deals and specials are usually for a limited time and have an expiration date.
Steinhart Aquarium Information
Address: 55 Music Concourse Drive, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, California 94118
About Steinhart Aquarium
The Steinhart Aquarium is part of the California Academy of Sciences. This popular attraction holds the aquarium as well as Kimball Natural History Museum, the Morrison Planetarium and a rainforest dome.
The California aquarium has a large, diverse collection of over 38,000 animals from around the world with over 900 species. These species are housed in different sections of the aquarium entitled Philippine Coral Reef Gallery, Northern California coast Gallery, Water Planet Gallery, Rainforests of the World Gallery, African Hall Gallery and The Swamp Gallery.
The Steinhart Aquarium’s Philippine Coral Reef Gallery holds black-tip reef sharks, stingrays, over 2,000 reef fish and soft and hard corals in one of the deepest exhibits of live corals in the world. Northern California Coast Gallery contains eels, anemones, sea stars, rockfish, herring, sardines, sea bass, Pacific octopus and urchins. This area also has a Discovery Tidepool for an up close look at some sea creatures.
Steinhart Aquarium Details
The aquarium is open every day of the year except for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Steinhart Aquarium hours are Sundays 11am to 5pm and the rest of the week 9:30amto 5pm.
Regular Steinhart Aquarium admission for the summer is $34.95 for Adults, $29.95 for youths (12-17), $24.95 for children (4-11), Senior (65 and up) $29.95, Student $29.95 and children 3 and under are FREE.
Parking is in a parking garage and has a standard per hour fee.
Picnicking can be done in the Golden Gate Park.
There is a cafe and a restaurant at the aquarium.