John G. Shedd Aquarium Coupons & Discounts
- 2017 Shedd Aquarium Illinois Resident Discount Days -
February 21, 27, 28
June 5, 6, 12, 13
August 28, 29
September 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
October 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 25, 26, 30, 31
November 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21. Valid ID is necessary. On these days, you can receive a FREE Shedd Aquarium general admission ticket or a discount on other tickets.
- 2017 - Bank of America's Museums on Us weekends. Bring a valid Bank of America/Merrill Lynch ATM, credit, or debit card, along with photo identification, will receive one free general admission on the first full weekend of every month. Some restrictions apply.
- If you purchase the Total Experience Pass online BEFORE the day you are planning to go to John D. Shedd Aquarium, you can save up to $2 a pass.
- Chicago city residents receive a discount on admission every day except for Illinois Resident Discount Day. Valid ID is required.
- The Shedd Pass Plus and Shedd Pass gives you MOST of the aquarium for a lower price.
- This aquarium is part of the Blue Star Museums program.
- Active military personnel and Chicago police and firefighters can receive a FREE and/or discount Shedd Aqurium admission and entrance to Abbott Oceanarium and Wild Reef with valid ID. Some restriction may apply.
- Chicago CityPass offers the Shedd Aquarium as one of the attractions included in that city's CityPass. You can get one here.
- The Go Chicago Card offers the Shedd Aquarium as a choice on its card.
- Senior citizens receive a discount on admission every day except Illinois Resident Discount Days.
- Students receive a discount on admission every day except Illinois Resident Discount Days. Valid ID is required.
- Some local hotels such as the Fairfield Inn and Suites or the Illinois Hotel offer a Shedd Aquarium Hotel Package.
- Local coupon books and newspapers may have coupons occasionally.
- Some places of employment offer a Corporate Members Discount, check with your employer to see if you qualify for a FREE or discounted admission.
- A Great Kids Museum Passport is good for two adults and two children for FREE general aquarium admission only. These can be picked up at Chicago Public Library branches.
- A John G. Shedd Aquarium membership may be for you if you plan on visiting very often. Membership benefits vary by level but all levels include FREE entry to all exhibits and tickets to daily Aquatic Shows, exclusive member events, discounts on educations classes and programs, stores and restaurants, reciprocal memberships at some aquariums and zoos around the country.
John G. Shedd Aquarium coupons, discounts, deals and specials are usually for a limited time and may have an expiration date.
John G. Shedd Aquarium Information
Address: 1200 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60605-2490
About John G. Shedd Aquarium
The John G. Shedd Aquarium is located on the shores of Lake Michigan and is one of the world’s largest indoor aquariums. It is home to over 1,500 different species of fish, reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates, birds and mammals. This Chicago aquarium also helps preserve endangered aquatic species.
The aquarium has five large exhibits along with a play zone and an aquatic show. The exhibits are: Waters of the World, Caribbean Reef, Amazon’s Rising, Wild Reef and Abbott Oceanarium.
John G. Shedd Aquarium Details
The aquarium is open every day of the year except Christmas. They are also closed for housekeeping days so check their website for that.
John G. Shedd Aquarium hours change slightly through the year. They always open at 9am. However, in the fall and winter, they close at 5pm on the weekdays and 6pm on the weekends. Certain holiday weekends have extended hours until 8pm. Regular summertime closing time is 6pm.
Regular John G. Shedd ticket prices start out at $30.95 for Adults and $21.95 for Children for General Admission, Children 2 and under are FREE. This includes only three of the aquariums areas. The Total Experience pass is Adults $39.95 and Children $30.95.
There is a cafe on the grounds as well as vending machines. You are also allowed to bring in your own lunch and eat at the ground-level entrance. There you will find tables and chairs as well as snacks and beverages.
Parking prices vary as parking is at nearby parking garages, metered parking and valet parking.
Wheelchair rental is first come/first served. Stroller rental is not available.