Indianapolis Zoo Coupons & Discounts
- An Indianapolis Zoo Senior discount for guests 62 and older is offered. Proper ID is required.
- June 16, 23, 30, July 7, 14, 2017 - Zoolapalooza Concert Series. Concerts are FREE for Zoo members and included with regular admission.
- July 6, 13, 20, 27; August 3, 2017 - Animals and All That Jazz. Concerts are FREE for Zoo members and included with regular admission.
- Group rates are available for 25 or more people. You can purchase on the day of your visit at Guest Services and receive 20% discount. One person needs to pay and the entire group must be present at the time of purchase.
- A Military Discounts is offered to all members of the military. Proper ID is required.
- You can save by buying your zoo tickets online ahead of time.
- If you are a member of another AZA-accredited zoo, you can receive a 10% discounts when you show your membership card on up to 4 tickets.
- AAA members can receive a discount on tickets when you provide a proper ID.
- Indianapolis Zoo and hotel packages are offered at some neighboring hotels such as Candlewood Suites Downtown, Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, Hampton Inn Carmel Hotel, Holiday Inn Express Northwest Hotel and many more.
- If you are a member of another zoo, you may qualify for FREE or discount Indianapolis Zoo tickets.
- A zoo membership may be for you if you plan on visiting the zoo a few times. A Membership includes FREE unlimited admission and parking at the zoo and White River Gardens during regular hours, Free admission to certain events, a discount to Dolphin In-Water Adventure, a discount at the gift shop and zoo camps and discounts to some area attractions.
Indianapolis Zoo coupons, discounts, deals and specials are often for a limited time and may require a coupon or membership card.
Indianapolis Zoo Information
Address: 1200 W. Washington Street, Indianapolis, Indiana
Animals: about 1,500
Size: 64 acres
About Indianapolis Zoo
The Indianapolis Zoo is inside the White River State Park. It has over a million visitors every year and works in helping with the survival of endangered or threatened species.
This Indiana zoo also has a 3.3 acre botanical garden with special exhibits being shown throughout the year. The garden area includes outdoor gardens and a conservatory.
The zoo is divided into five biomes called Encounters, Forests, Oceans, Deserts and Plains. Each of these represents a natural habitat for the animals that live within it.
Attractions include a number of family-friendly, interactive exhibits, a 4D Theater movie and a play area for the kids.
Indianapolis Zoo Details
The Indianapolis Zoo is open seasonally. During the summer months, it is open every day with the exception of the second Friday in June. In the winter months, the zoo is generally open Wednesday – Sunday, weather permitting. In the months of November thru February, they are closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
Indianapolis Zoo hours change seasonally. They open at 9am each day they are open. Closing is at 4pm in the winter. In the summer months and during some holidays, the zoo has extended hours to between 5pm - 9pm.
Regular admission prices vary depending on the day of the year, but fall between $8.20 to $21.95 for Adults, Youth (2-12) it's $6.20 to $16.20, Senior (ages 62 and up) $7.20 to $20.95 and Children under 2 are FREE.
Parking for the zoo is $6 per car, $10 for large vehicles and $9 for event parking.
The zoo has train, roller coaster and carousel rides which are $2.50 each. You can buy ticket packages make each ride slightly cheaper. Members receive $1 off ticket packages.
Food and drink are not allowed inside the zoo or gardens. There is a picnic area provided with tables.