Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Coupons & Discounts
- Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm - Teddy Bear Day - Kids (3-11) who bring a teddy bear, or another stuffed animal, can get a Cheyenne Mountain Zoo discount when with a paid adult.
- Monday, September 11 - Sunday, September 17, 2017 - Military Appreciation Week -An extra military discount is offered to all active duty, veteran and retired military personnel with a valid ID.
- Going to the zoo on non-peak summer days will save you money.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo's Value Days run from December-February and save a substantial amount per ticket.
- A Military Cheyenne Mountain Zoo discount is offered. The zoo also offers a Military discount for annual passes and Memberships with proper ID, check their website for all the details.
- The zoo offers a group discount to groups of 15 or more paying guests.
- Get cheap tickets at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo with a senior discount ticket offered to those 65 and over.
- A Cheyenne Mountain Zoo printable coupon is sometimes found at the Pikes Peak website.
- Local newspapers, ads and fliers may have coupons from time to time.
- The zoo’s website has an area entitled Discounts and Promotions. When you click on that subtopic, it will open some of the latest ways to save money at this location.
- If you recycle your old cell phone at the zoo, you can receive $2 per person, per cell phone on the regular admission. Some restrictions apply.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo has a Facebook and Twitter page. Special events and deals are announced on them.
- Some of the local hotels offer a Cheyenne Mountain Zoo hotel package.
- If you plan to visit Cheyenne Mountain Zoo often or other zoos a few times, you may save money on an annual pass. An annual pass includes FREE daytime admission to the zoo, FREE admission to the Will Rogers Shrine, discounts on Mountaineer Sky Ride, discounts on gift shop, programs, parties and more.
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo coupons, discounts, deals and specials are usually for a limited time and have an expiration date.
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Information
Address: 4250 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Rd, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80908
Animals: Over 950 (180 species)
Size: 146 acres
About Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
Colorado Springs is home to America’s ONLY mountain zoo. Located at 6,800 feet above sea level, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo offers breathtaking views of the city and of its 750 animals. A tram is available (mostly on weekends) for a small fee.
The unique design of the Zoo’s animal exhibits gets guests closer than ever before. You can hand-feed one of the largest reticulated giraffe herds in the world, watch grizzlies swim with trout, hop next to red-necked wallabies and get hands on with some of the Zoo’s smaller residents in The Loft.
The Colorado zoo's Rocky Mountain Wild is an exhibit that features the Rocky Mountain North America region with such animals as moose, mountain lions, Canadian lynx, river otters, grizzly bears and bald eagles.
Encounter Africa focuses on African animals such as elephants, black rhinoceros and lions. Guests can see elephant training, get an up-close view of the rhino and walk a sky bridge that takes them over the elephants.
Have a wild adventure at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo – see the animals, ride an antique carousel, eat a gourmet lunch at the Grizzly Grill and ride the Mountaineer Sky Ride to the Zoo’s summit.
Visit 365 days a year for family fun at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Details
The zoo has additional attractions such as animal feedings, Mountaineer Sky ride, My Big Backyard (kid’s area) and the Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun. Some of these have an additional charge.
Cheyenne Zoo is open every day of the year. However, it is open only until 3 pm (last admission taken at 2 pm) on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. The last Skyride is at 2:30 on these holidays. The Will Rogers Shrine and Shrine Road is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Shrine Road closes at 2 pm on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Electric Safari is closed on Christmas Eve and only open from 5:30-8:30 pm on Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. All other holidays have normal hours.
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo hours are 9am to 5pm. The last admission into the zoo is 1 hour before closing.
Regular Cheyenne Mountain Zoo ticket prices from March through November on NON-PEAK DAYS are: Adults (12-64) $19.75, Children (from 3-11) $14.25 and Children (2 and under) $0.75. Seniors (65 and over) $17.75. Military adult $16.76 and military child $11.75.
PEAK Days are Friday - Sundays during the months of March, June through September and the following holidays: Mother's Day, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4 and Labor Day. On PEAK DAYS ticket prices are: Adults $24.75, Child (3-11) 19.75 and children 2 and under are $0.75. Seniors over 65 are $22.75. Military adults are $21.75 and a military child $16.75.
Value Ticket Days run from December through February. Ticket prices during these months are Adults $14.75, Children from 3-11 $10.75 and Children 2 and under are $0.75. Senior over 65 are $12.75. Military adult is $11.75 and a military child is $7.75.
A FREE shuttle runs from the high school to the zoo during certain holidays and peak season days.
The zoo offers a snack bar, café and restaurant. Picnic facilities are also available and guest may bring a picnic lunch.