Chehaw Wild Animal Park
Coupons & Discounts
- A Chehaw Wild Animal Park discount is offered to seniors age 62 and over. Seniors can get a discount on either of the passes.
- A zoo Military Discount is given on both tickets.
- Chehaw zoo has both a Facebook and Twitter page and make announcements of special events, deals and discounts on those pages.
- If you already have a zoo pass from another zoo, you can show that at the ticket window for a savings of either half off or FREE admission. You will also need to show ID.
- You can sign up for the zoo's newsletter online. This will show upcoming zoo deals and events.
- Local newspaper, ads and fliers may have some coupons available to the public.
- Memberships may be a savings if you visit zoos and aquarium a few times throughout the year. Membership includes FREE admission to the park for the year, FREE admission to many annual events and FREE or discounted admission to over 170 zoos and aquariums throughout the United States.
Most Chehaw Zoo coupons, discounts, specials and deals have expiration dates and are available for a limited time.
Chehaw Park Zoo Information
Address: 105 Chehaw Park Road, Albany, Georgia 31701
Size: 700 acres
About Chehaw Park Zoo
Chehaw Wild Animal Park winds through about 100 acres of Georgia’s pine woods on paths and raised boardwalks.
The Georgia zoo is an accredited zoo and has a Reptile House, a Children’s Farm, an amphitheater with shows, a gift shop and a concession stand. A train ride is in the Park area but not inside the zoo itself.
Some animals you will see at the Chehaw zoo are barnyard animals, red wolf, alligator, black rhino, flamingo, zebra, tortoise, bison, bald eagle, bobcat, lemur, cheetah and meerkat. Special events are held throughout the year such as Fishing Rodeo and a Native American Festival.
The Chehaw zoo is located in Chehaw Park which has over 700 acres of land to enjoy. You can camp in Chahaw Park as it has tent and RV spots as well as camping cabins. Family BMX racing, disc golf and a number of programs and activities are also offered.
Chehaw Park Zoo Details
The Chehaw zoo is open every day of the year with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.
The hours for the park are 9am - 5:30pm all week long with some extended weekend hours from the middle of March to the first week in September. When the zoo is closing at 5:30, the zoo keepers start putting away the animals at 4:30 pm.
There are two types of passes or tickets available: One for the Chahaw park only and one for the Chahaw Park and the Chehaw Wild Animal Park.
The regular prices for the Zoo passes are: Adults $7.85, Children (ages 4-12) and military are $5.10 and Children (under 4) are FREE.
The regular price for the Park Only passes are Adults $3 and Children (4-12) $2. Children under 4 are FREE. Park Only passes include entrance to the Children’s Play Park, picnic areas, BMX track, Disc Golf course, catfish pond, nature trails, boat dock and camping area.
A train ride called Wiregrass Express is a 20 minute long scenic tour of the park. The ride is open from March to December. There is a $3 fee for riders over 2 years of age. Tickets can be purchased at the gift shop.
A picnic lunch can be enjoyed in the park area.